Peaceful Retirement Living Near Hazleton
About our Drums Location:
Just outside of the Pocono Mountain region in the northeastern area of the state is the newly redecorated Providence Place Senior Living of Drums in Luzerne County. You’ll find this picturesque retirement community located on Rt. 309, just off Interstates 80 and 81. The Drums campus is designed to encourage outdoor activity and exercise. A paved walking path winds around the community and offers pleasant views of the Pocono Mountains. Residents can also take in the views from several covered porches and patios and a peaceful gazebo.
The flavor of north Central Pennsylvania is all around us – from activities, to local outings, to food – like homemade haluski, pierogies, pizza, stromboli and desserts – on our dinner table. The dining menu also includes healthier choices including a salad bar, vegetarian entrees, and sugar-free desserts.
With mundane housekeeping chores taken care of and the assistance you need for daily living, life at Providence Place allows you to enjoy spending time with activities and people that are important to you. At Providence Place you can make new friends, invite family over, get involved in an activity and have peace-of-mind and security to relax a little. We enjoy the annual funfest in Hazleton, great local restaurants and visiting the Bloomsburg State Fair every September. One of our favorite outings is to the Mohegan Sun Casino.
- Independent living that includes three daily meals, personal care services, and a continuum of Alzheimer's and Dementia Care programs
- A variety of apartment sizes and styles from efficiency studios to suites
- Easy bill paying with all-inclusive monthly rent
- Close to Hazleton General Hospital
- Free transportation to local medical appointments and churches
- Pet friendly community
- Peaceful wooded setting with paved walking trails, gazebos, and covered porches
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the building, a computer lounge, and TV access in all apartments
- On-site beauty and barber shop
- On-site game room, chapel, and café
- Occupational, physical, and speech therapies provided in our state-of-the art therapy suite
- Licensed nurses and trained medication associates on the premises 24 hours a day
- Emergency nurse call pendants
- Close to historic downtown Hazleton
- Accompanied trips to local shopping centers
- Activities include musical entertainment, volunteer opportunities, crafting classes, baking club, and exercise classes designed to improve balance
Our Drums campus is located just 15 minutes north of the city of Hazleton, nestled in some of the most beautiful scenery of the Poconos Mountains. Hazleton is the largest community in the area and offers a wide variety of options to area residents. Our residents are just minutes from the Laurel Shopping center, advanced medical care, restaurants, and favorite small businesses in downtown Hazleton. Stop in and visit our campus today!
For more information:
Come Visit Us!
Providence Place of Drums
149 South Hunter Highway
Drums, Pennsylvania 18222
Kim Perchak, Executive Director
Stephanie Miller, Senior Living Counselor
Schedule a tour to come visit our beautiful campus, or call for more information!