Senior Living in York, PA
Quietly hidden just outside the hustle and bustle of York City lies Providence Place Senior Living of Dover. Our community is easily accessible from both Route 74 and Interstate 83. In the peaceful country setting, residents enjoy all that small town life has to offer, with large cities like York, Harrisburg, Lancaster and Baltimore all within an hour’s drive.
Types of Senior Care Available Here
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Support & Care – two levels of support for Alzheimer’s and dementia (early & late stage)
- 24-hr access to licensed nurses
- Medication assistance
- Occupational, physical and speech therapies
All residents can enjoy the benefits of their own apartment, knowing that there is assistance and nursing care available as needed. Seniors who need more help to thrive can receive a range of services, including housekeeping, medication assistance, and help with daily living activities (bathing, dressing, meals and more). We offer an age-in-place model in hopes you will never have to move again.
Cost of Senior Living Communities
Cost is a major consideration when choosing a living situation. Providence Place offers an all-inclusive model for easy bill-paying. Monthly rent covers three daily meals, weekly housekeeping, and all activities & programming. Our apartments are offered at an affordable starting price, and residents can then add various service packages & care levels depending on their needs.
- Private Independent Living apartments starting at $2,990 per month
- Semi-Private Assisted Living apartments starting at $3,150 per month
- Semi-Private Memory Care apartments starting at $4,450 per month
Dover Community Amenities
The charm of our retirement community is its unique combination of quiet, single-story residential living and our incredible proximity to the best attractions central Pennsylvania has to offer. We love that it is just a short distance to visit boutiques and stores, restaurants and cafes, and the Central Market in York for fresh produce and baked goods. Each September, we look forward to The Great York Fair coming to town.
Other location highlights include:
- Independent living apartments for singles or couples; levels of care can be added as needed.
- All-inclusive monthly rent for easy bill paying
- Standard room furnishings
- Access to laundry facilities or laundry service available
- Weekly housekeeping & linen change
- Wireless internet access
- Phone & Cable available
- Freshly prepared meals by culinary-trained Chefs
- Fresh, local ingredients and local fare served restaurant-style
- Spacious dining room featuring beautiful views of the outdoors
- Snacks and beverages available 24 hours a day
- Gorgeous park-like setting with walking paths and gazebos
- Café/Pub & Happy Hour
- Gift Shop (including resident made items)
- Beauty and Barber Shop
- Computer access and free wireless internet
- Chapel and weekly religious services by our Chaplain
Medical Support Services
- State of the art therapy suite offering occupational, physical, and speech therapies
- Nurses available 24 hours a day
- Emergency nurse call pendants throughout community
- Free transportation to local medical appointments
- Daily activities programming including musical entertainment, outings, social hours, card clubs, exercise classes, art and men’s club
- Close to York area shopping, restaurants & markets
- Outings include Central Market, The Great York Fair, Brown’s orchards, Harrisburg City sights & more
Is This Community a Good Fit for My Needs?
If you are relatively independent but concerned about how your needs will change as you get older, Providence Place is a good fit. Unlike an active adult community (CCRC), we have staff available at all times to provide care. While we cannot offer extensive skilled nursing, our licensed nurses are on-site 24 hours a day to provide medical attention for personal care & memory care needs.
Our resource center offers more in-depth information about choosing the right living option for yourself or a loved one.
Providence Place of Dover (York)
3377 Fox Run Road
Dover, Pennsylvania 17315
Howard Holben, Executive Director
Kristina Lewis, Director of Sales
Sheila Swartz, Director of Sales
About Dover and York County
York County is the ideal setting for retirees who want the best of both worlds – relaxed small-town living and easy access to downtown shopping and restaurants. Among the region’s historic attractions are York’s Colonial Complex, The Bonham House, The Agricultural and Industrial Museum, The Historical Society Museum and The Fire Museum. We encourage you to tour our community and see for yourself what makes York County a great retirement destination!