Assisted Living in Drums (Hazleton), PA
Just outside of the Pocono Mountain region in the northeastern area of the state is Providence Place Senior Living of Drums. You’ll find this picturesque retirement community located on Rt. 309, just off Interstates 80 and 81 in Luzerne County. With mundane housekeeping chores taken care of and the assistance you need for daily living, life at Providence Place Senior Living allows you to enjoy spending time with activities, interests and people that are most important to you.
Senior Care Available in Our Retirement Community
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory care – early and late stage Alzheimer’s and dementia programs
- 24-hr access to licensed nurses
- Medication assistance
- Occupational, physical and speech therapies
Our senior living apartments are equipped with everything you need to live as independently as possible and age-in-place. As your needs change, you can add on assisted living services or varying levels of memory care and remain in your current apartment for most offerings. Our friendly staff help with daily activities like dressing, bathing, and medication management. Licensed nurses are always available to help and every resident has a call pendant 24/7 for emergencies.
Cost of Senior Living
Rates for senior living and care vary based on levels of care and amenities provided. Generally, skilled nursing will cost the most. Providence Place is a great value for our residents and families. We provide reasonable starting prices with the option to add on services like memory care and assisted living as needed.
- Private Independent Living apartments starting at $2,974 per month
- Private Assisted Living apartments starting at $3,674 per month
- Semi-private Memory Care apartments starting at $3,941 per month
Want to learn more about Providence Place Senior Living of Drums?
Contact Stephanie Miller, Director of Sales
Drums Community Amenities
At Providence Place you can make new friends, invite family over, get involved in activities and leadership opportunities, and have peace-of-mind and security to relax. Explore the various amenities offered here:
- A variety of apartment sizes and styles from efficiency studios to suites
- Easy bill paying with all-inclusive monthly rent
- Access to laundry facilities (Independent Living) or laundry services (Assisted Living)
- Weekly housekeeping & linen change
- Standard furnishings available
- Wireless internet access
- Phone & Cable available
- Pet-friendly community
- Free transportation to local churches
- Peaceful wooded setting with paved walking trails, gazebos, and covered porches
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the building, a computer lounge, and TV access in all apartments
- On-site beauty and barber shop
- On-site activities rooms, chapel, and cafés
- Freshly prepared meals featuring the flavors of north Central Pennsylvania, such as homemade haluski, pierogies, pizza, stromboli, and desserts
- Healthy choices are always available, including daily salads, vegetarian entrees, and sugar-free desserts
- Meals served restaurant-style and prepared by a trained Chef
- Use of local and seasonal ingredients
Health & Medical Services
- Close to Lehigh Valley Hospital
- Free transportation to local medical appointments
- Occupational, physical, and speech therapies provided in our state-of-the art therapy suite
- Licensed nurses and trained medication associates available 24 hours a day
- Emergency nurse call pendants throughout the community
Activities and Outings
- Daily activities programming including musical entertainment, outings, social hours, card clubs, exercise classes, art club, and men’s club
- Outings include the annual funfest in Hazleton, Mohegan Sun Casino, Bloomsburg State Fair, trips to local restaurants, and accompanied trips to local shopping centers
Is This the Right Fit for Me?
Providence Place of Drums is a good fit for seniors who want to remain active but may need help with daily needs such as housekeeping, medications and transportation. We offer a continuum of services so that you can receive the support you need as you age-in-place. All meals, programming, activities and local transportation are included in your base rent. We offer therapy and rehabilitation services onsite and have licensed nurses on our staff. Learn more on our resources page.
Providence Place of Drums
149 South Hunter Highway
Drums, Pennsylvania 18222
Kim Perchak, Executive Director
Stephanie Miller, Director of Sales
About Drums and the Surrounding Area
Our Drums campus is located just 15 minutes north of the city of Hazleton, nestled in some of the most beautiful scenery of the Poconos Mountains. Hazleton is the largest community in the area and offers a wide variety of options to area residents. Our residents are just minutes from the Laurel Shopping center, advanced medical care, restaurants, and favorite small businesses in downtown Hazleton. For more information on the region, please visit: Hazleton Chamber of Commerce
Stop in and visit our campus today!