Senior Living in Lancaster, PA
Our Lancaster senior living community is conveniently situated between the county’s beautiful countryside and some of the area’s most significant historic landmarks. Providence Place residents also enjoy easy access to the amenities and vibrant life of downtown Lancaster. Our campus is located just off Columbia Avenue near routes 999 and 741 (Rohrerstown Road).
Senior Care Levels at Providence Place
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Support & Care – two levels of support for Alzheimer’s and dementia (early & late stage)
- 24-hr access to licensed nurses
- Medication assistance
- Occupational, physical and speech therapies on-site
Unlike a skilled nursing facility or active adult retirement community, we have designed a fuller range of senior services here in Lancaster. This way, we can support residents in their current life stage and can continue to care for them if and when their needs should change through aging-in-place.
By offering independent living, assisted living, and memory care, we can accommodate couples in the same apartment, no matter their individual health needs. We value the peace of mind this provides to couples at Providence Place — it’s their home, after all. We work to meet the different needs of all residents.
About Our Apartments
Lancaster residents choose from three different styles of apartments: one-bedroom suites, alcove studios, and standard studios. Regardless of the floor plan you choose in our retirement community, you can receive the appropriate level of care you need. We believe your retirement home should reflect your preferences and accommodate your needs.
For residents with dementia, we offer two-levels of care. Early-stage support is offered through our Connections Club. Moderate-to-late stage specialized memory support services are offered in our Connections Neighborhood, a secure, homelike setting that promotes safety and independence.
- Private and shared apartments for singles or couples
- All-inclusive monthly rent
- Full kitchens included with some models
- Access to laundry facilities or laundry service available
- Weekly housekeeping
- Standard furnishings available
- Wireless internet access
- Phone available (Satellite TV provided)
Cost of Senior Living
Our apartment homes are rented on a month-to-month basis with one all-inclusive monthly bill and no large upfront fees. Service packages can be added on to a resident’s base rent to accommodate changing care levels and, in most cases, allowing them to stay in their chosen apartment.
- Private Independent Living apartments starting at $3,190 per month
- Private Assisted Living apartments starting at $4,190 per month
- Semi-Private Memory Care apartments starting at $4,600 per month
Want to learn more about Providence Place Senior Living of Lancaster?
Lancaster Community Amenities:
Our all-inclusive monthly rent offers access to premium amenities including chef-prepared restaurant-style dining, scheduled transportation, housekeeping services, on-site physical therapy, and a vibrant Community Life program offering opportunities for outings, entertainment, socializing and making memories.
Additionally, our community offers a range of activities and on-site amenities. You’re sure to find something that interests you at Providence Place of Lancaster.
- Pet-friendly community
- Scenic and convenient setting with ample green space to enjoy
- Wireless internet access throughout the building
- Recreational lounge & Florida rooms
- Beauty and barber shop
- Library, game room and pub
- Chapel, religious services, support groups & programs
- On-site physical therapy
- Residents enjoy three homemade meals daily in our spacious dining room
- Our Chef meets regularly with the Resident Dining Committee to coordinate menus, sample new recipes, and listen to your special requests
- Local cuisine is prepared using as many local, fresh ingredients as possible
- Our delicious meals and freshly prepared soups are served by courteous dining associates
- Special event & holiday meals, as well as private dining opportunities
Health & Medical Services
- Occupational, physical, and speech therapies provided in our state-of-the art therapy suite
- Registered nurse available 24 hours per day to assist as needed with the immediate needs of our residents
- Emergency nurse call pendants available
- Free transportation to local medical appointments
- Located 3 miles from Lancaster General Hospital
Activities & Outings
- Community Life activities include musical entertainment, volunteer opportunities, crafting classes, baking club, art club, men’s club and exercise classes designed to improve balance & strength
- Accompanied trips to local shopping areas & restaurants – including city amenities, markets, and grocery stores
- Outings to local points of interest and historic locations
- Close to historic downtown Lancaster
Is this the right fit for me?
When you’re considering your retirement options, it’s important to think about future needs. Providence Place is a high-quality option that is affordable with no large up-front fees like a CCRC or 55+ community. Our model is an all-inclusive monthly rent with the option to add more services as your needs change.
Our aging-in-place model means you’ll receive the assistance you need without having to move out of your apartment. While we don’t provide skilled nursing care, we do assist with a wide range of daily needs, including bathing, dressing, feeding, medication management, and housekeeping. We are licensed to provide assisted living and memory care.
Lancaster County is a great place to retire in southern Pennsylvania. Our campus offers seniors the best of city living in a serene environment with plenty of natural beauty. Residents enjoy being near some of the area’s top attractions, including Central Market, James Buchanan’s historic Wheatland, the town of Strasburg, and Park City Mall. The Conestoga Country Club is just around the corner as well.