About our Pine Grove Location:
Welcome to Providence Place Senior Living of Pine Grove in Schuylkill County. Our retirement community is located close to the Swatara Creek, which runs through the Borough and was used for transporting coal and other goods as part of the Union Canal in the early days.
Our Pine Grove location underwent extensive renovations in June 2014- including all new interiors, community spaces, and a kitchen just for residents. Our campus is designed to encourage outdoor activities with outdoor seating and a paved walking trail on our four acres of land. Our residents enjoy spending time outdoors and participating in the many activities offered by our community life director. Our Pine Grove location is easily accessible from Interstate 81, but offers peaceful retirement living in a rural setting.
Our dining program offers a variety of options, including many favorites from Pennsylvania, and healthy choices for those with special dietary needs. The resident dining committee meets regularly to advise our chef and make menu recommendations. Some of our chef’s specialties include hearty homemade soups, oven roasted stew, chicken pot pie, and garden fresh salads.
- Independent living and personal care services that include three daily meals, housekeeping and laundry services
- A variety of apartment sizes and styles from efficiency studios to suites
- Easy bill paying with all-inclusive monthly rent
- Professional chef and delicious dining options
- Close to many Hospitals in Pottsville, Lebanon, and Harrisburg
- Free transportation to local medical appointments and churches
- Pet friendly community
- Quiet setting with paved walking trails and outdoor activities
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the building, two TV lounges, and access to cable TV in all apartments
- On-site beauty and barber shop
- Occupational, physical, and speech therapies provided in our state-of-the art therapy suite
- Licensed nurses and trained medication associates on the premises 24 hours a day
- Emergency nurse call pendants
- Close to downtown Pine Grove and Pottsville
- Accompanied trips to local shopping centers
- Activities include musical entertainment, volunteer opportunities, crafting classes, baking club, and exercise classes designed to improve balance
About Pine Grove
Pine Grove is a small, historic town in the middle of rural Pennsylvania near the Swatara Creek. A beautiful, quiet setting, Pine Grove’s Historic District is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and has a thriving Historical Society. Providence Place of Pine Grove is located just off of Interstate 81 with easy access to several larger communities and shopping centers.