Senior Living in Pottsville, PA
Nestled in the mountains of Schuylkill County in the heart of the historic Anthracite coal region is Providence Place Senior Living of Pottsville. You can reach this active residential community easily via Interstate 81 or state highways 61 and 209.
We’re conveniently located in the heart of Pottsville — close to the downtown area, but in a private, quiet setting. At Providence Place you experience the best of all worlds. You are part of a friendly, vibrant community with so many things to do and people to meet. And when you choose to do so, you can relax in a quiet, private space of your own.
Levels of Care
- Independent Living
- Personal Care
- Memory Care – two levels of support for Alzheimer’s and dementia (early & late stage)
- 24-hr access to licensed nurses
- Medication assistance
- Occupational, physical and speech therapies
Our senior living community offers a continuum of care options, from independent living to memory support for residents with Alzheimer’s or dementia. Our unique memory care program offers two levels of support. Residents with early stage dementia or Alzheimer’s benefit from additional cueing and brain fitness exercises with our Connections Club. For those with moderate to late-stage dementia, we offer a secure yet homelike setting to help our residents thrive in our Connections Neighborhood.
Cost of Senior Living
Our all-inclusive model provides a monthly fee for your apartment, three daily chef-prepared meals, weekly housekeeping and all activities & programming. Additional service packages are also available for increased needs for varying levels of care.
- Private Independent Living starting at $3,260 per month
- Private Personal Care starting at $4,260 per month
- Semi-private Memory Care starting at $4,675 per month
Pottsville Community Amenities
Our community provides a taste of local culture through the food and activities. Explore historic downtown Pottsville on a group outing, sample Pennsylvania Dutch foods in our dining room, or stay active on our beautiful private campus. Learn more about the amenities at our Pottsville community.
- Varying apartment sizes and styles from efficiency studios to suites
- Easy bill paying with all-inclusive monthly rent
- Access to laundry facilities
- Weekly housekeeping
- Standard furnishings available
- Wireless internet access
- Phone & Cable available
- Pet-friendly community
- Quiet setting with paved walking trails and nearby public parks
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the building
- Activity and TV lounges
- On-site beauty and barber shop
- On-site library, game room, and chapel
- Free transportation to local churches
- Three chef-prepared meals daily served restaurant-style
- Full menu of healthy homemade food, including Pennsylvania Dutch favorites like chicken pot pie and lettuce with hot bacon dressing
- Professional chef and homemade dining options
- Near the Lehigh Valley Hospital (Schuylkill East)
- Free transportation to local medical appointments
- Occupational, physical, and speech therapies provided in our state-of-the art therapy suite
- Licensed nurses and trained medication associates available 24 hours a day
- Emergency nurse call pendants
Activities and Outings
- Close to downtown Pottsville
- Accompanied trips to local shopping centers
- Activities include musical entertainment, volunteer opportunities, crafting classes, baking club, men’s club and exercise classes designed to improve balance
- Outings include visiting the Historic district downtown, Little League games at Railway Park, a Pottsville Cruise, visiting the Yuengling Brewery or Jerry’s Classic Cars Museum
Is This the Right Fit for Me?
Finding the right senior living facility can be confusing. Many families start their search because a loved one has new needs that can’t be adequately addressed at home. Our sales directors work hard to make a stressful process a little easier. We’ve created a resources page to help you compare different living options, but here are a few things to know about Providence Place and the level of care we provide.
- We offer our residents a degree of independence but are not the same as an active 55+ community. Most of our residents have some personal care needs.
- Our staff does not offer skilled nursing care like a nursing home. However, we can attend to many basic needs like help with bathing, dressing, and medication management.
- One of the unique features of our community is the dual stage memory care program. We help our residents with dementia or Alzheimer’s live as independently and safely as possible.
Pottsville is the seat of Schuylkill County, located just off Interstate 81. Pottsville was founded on the banks of the Schuylkill River in the heart of Pennsylvania’s Coal Region. Several attractions in the area are listed on the National Register of Historic Places, including Pottsville’s Downtown Historic District.