Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care
Providence Place helps residents with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia live safely and with dignity. Our staff is specially trained to interact with and provide care for those living with Alzheimer’s. We understand that no two residents are alike. That’s why we take the time to learn our residents’ life stories. We are able to deliver superior dementia care because we honor and respect the unique preferences of our residents.
Our Alzheimer’s programs are designed by experts and managed by professional program directors. Certified dementia caregivers assist residents throughout the day with their daily routines. This includes assistance with hygiene and grooming, taking medications, eating meals, and participating in activities.
Caregivers and licensed nurses are available 24 hours a day to monitor residents’ health and safety needs. Our secure Neighborhood setting provides a safe, homelike environment. Due to the risk of wandering associated with Alzheimer’s, our exterior doors open to a secure outdoor courtyard. The layout and design of our building gives residents access to the outdoors, while promoting safety and independence.
Amenities and Services
Providence Place is a recognized leader in caring for seniors. Some of our amenities and accommodations include:
- Studio apartments with private bathrooms
- Small group activities
- Homelike furnishings and décor
- Brain fitness games and computer technology
- A dining program that promotes residents’ independence and meal choices
- Stimulating activities program
- All-inclusive pricing
- Beautifully landscaped secure outdoor walking path
- Traditional worship services
Our Memory Support Program
We are a trusted provider of Alzheimer’s care with many years of experience. Residents with dementia receive specialized care including:
- Supervision and assistance with bathing and dressing
- Caregiver support at mealtimes
- Nursing assessments and coordination of medical care
- Transportation to doctor’s appointments
- On-site rehabilitation and therapy services
- Assistance with medications
- Monitoring of health conditions
Support for Families
A professional program director oversees our memory care programs. This manager supervises all aspects of the program and coordinates residents’ care with the nursing department. This model ensures that families have direct access to a manager who is familiar with and knowledgeable about their loved one’s care and condition. We know that when a family member experiences the effects of Alzheimer’s, the entire family needs support. That’s why we offer monthly caregiver support groups and other opportunities to learn about the disease and talk with others who share a similar experience.
We offer Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care Services in the following retirement communities: