Rehabilitation services, such as physical, occupational and speech therapy, can significantly improve residents’ quality of life. Providence Place is pleased to offer on-site rehabilitation services provided by Powerback Rehab Services (formerly Genesis).
Providence Place works hard to ensure that residents receive the best quality care. Under the direction of our rehabilitation service providers, residents needing therapy are evaluated in compliance with their physician’s orders and given a customized, goal-oriented treatment plan. These plans are:
- uniquely made to fit each resident’s needs
- geared to provide residents with the opportunity to maximize their functional potential
- designed to enhance their level of self-reliance.
Types of Rehabilitation Services
- Physical therapy services work with residents who have medical or health related issues that limit their abilities to move and perform activities of daily life.Physical therapists work to restore function and balance, reduce pain, prevent falls and increase range of motion, strength and endurance.
- Occupational therapy services help residents with daily living skills and self-care, like bathing, getting dressed, swallowing and eating.Occupational therapists work to adapt tasks and suggest appropriate environmental modifications for residents to increase their community mobility. They also assist residents with therapeutic activities for memory and cognitive skills needed for daily life.
- Speech therapy services focus on helping residents who have difficulty with communication, language, swallowing and memory problems. Sometimes speech therapy is needed for those suffering after a stroke, brain injury, Parkinson’s Disease, or a fall.Speech therapists help residents focus on tasks, and work through reasoning, and problem solving by developing new skills and abilities or remediating or restoring skills that may be impaired.
Providence Place desires to enhance the quality of life for our senior residents by delivering vibrant programs and exceptional service at an affordable price. We believe that these rehabilitative services make our residents’ lives better by increasing their independence and functionality, providing them with more control and greater comfort.